Applicants can claim their CUNYfirst account by following the steps below:
- Go to https://home.cunyfirst.cuny.edu
- On the Login page, click ‘New User’
- On the Account Activation page, enter the following:
a. First Name, Last Name as they appear on your submitted application.
b. Date of Birth (‘D.O.B’) in mm/dd/yyyy format (example: 01/02/1999)
c. The last four digits of your Social Security Number in the ‘SS#’ field. Applicants who do not provide a Social Security Number will be provided their assigned four digit number in their account claim email.
d. Click the box next to the words “I’m not a robot” and follow the CAPTCHA text prompts.
- Confirm your email or enter a new email address
- Receive an email with unique account activation confirmation link (valid for two hours)
- Click to confirm your email address and set your password
- Set your password retrieval questions
The video below demonstrates the steps to claim a CUNYfirst account: